Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss

clipped from www.amazon.com

Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss (Paperback)

Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss
 blog it


Last weekend I had the flu and was pretty miserable. The best part of the whole thing was time to read the latest Sophie Katz novel. It was just released and I was looking forward to reading it. My first Sophie Katz novel was an audible.com romance novel sale. I don't usually read romance, but, well it was on sale. It is also a mystery set in San Francisco. I like mysteries and I was missing the Bay area since I left Stanford so I thought I would give it a try. I loved the quirky characters. They seem off the wall, but very genuine if you have lived in the Bay area, Ca. And the crazy situations still ring true as "Californian" to me.

Now I am entering the "conversation marketing" world and trying to help Kyra sell "Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss." After all, the more people that buy her books, the more new ones she will write. I am being selfish about this, but I think you will enjoy the book too.

Check out Amazon.com, Borders.com or BarnesandNoble.com for the synopsis.

My review:
I always look forward to a new Kyra Davis novel and I am a big fan of the Sophie Katz series. The 4th Sophie Katz novel “Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss” was terrific. In “Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss” the entire cast of characters has returned with more depth. Sophie’s lover Anatoly is sexier, Dena is more flirtatious, and Marcus is more adorable. Sophie’s realtor ex-husband has such a deal on a San Francisco Victorian that finding the owner dead in his in the home doesn’t put her off. She really wants that house, even if she has to fight with a ghost, her boyfriend or her mother in order to get it. The background mystery is fun, but the exploration of relationships between men and women is what really draws in your heart. The relationship between Sophie and her lover, between Sophie and her father and between Sophie’s mother and father are genuinely endearing. Add in a stalker and an egalitarian polygamous relationship (two men and two women committed to one shared relationship) and you have added the final elements of a Sophie Katz novel. I totally recommend it.

No comments: